Thursday, September 11, 2008

Thailand=My land

Wow, this place is amazing. We spent the day today exploring the beaches that are just blocks away from our hotel--the scenic backdrop is something out of a fantasy novel (pictured below, those are small islands jutting out of the horizon). Brian and I also enjoyed one hour Thai massages this afternoon, for the ridiculous price of less than $6. What a country!


Though we are currently touring the west coast of Thailand during the 'monsoon season,' the weather has been surprisingly tolerable. In many ways the sporadic rainfall adds to the tropical, pristine feel of the area. Our hotel is pictured in the center of the picture below--nice background, eh?

Tomorrow we plan to continue exploring the lengthy beaches, before heading off to see a Thai Boxing fight in the evening. I think it is safe to say that the gorup morale is at an all-time high!
Mike

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Beaches, massages, and boxing? I think I just went from six to midnight. While you enjoy the tolerable weather of monsoon season we have a hurricane looming down on us... I think you made the right choice of where to be in the world right now.

By the way, I also would have approved of a post entitled "This land is your land, this land is Thailand"